You can’t fall asleep? How to fall asleep fast? I would tell you to get some sleep aids or exercise before bed, but you already know those and probably tried them before. Some may or may not have worked because sleep problems can be quite tricky! So, since they are tricky, why not be tricky as well? There are a few unusual ways to fall asleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. Let’s if you’ve heard of any of them. Without further ado, jump right into this list of 10 unusual ways you can fall asleep!
- 1. Keep your feet warm Do cold feet keep you awake at night?! The enemy of sleep is a temperature that is either too hot or too cold. And even if it’s not that cold in your room, you should at least keep your feet warm. If you don’t already put on socks before sleep, it might work for you. When your feet are warm, heat is redistributed throughout your body and signals to your brain that it is time to fall asleep. Pretty cool, isn’t it?! So, it’s great to add socks to your pajamas and defeat insomnia!
- 2. Count your breath Like focusing on your breaths or heartbeats during meditation, try to focus on your breathing while in bed. Try some breathing techniques like the 4-7-8 breathing technique, where all you have to do is inhale for 4 seconds, hold your breaths for 7 seconds, and exhale for 7 seconds. This way, you will be able to sleep in less than 60 seconds.
- 3. Put a pillow under your knees Want better sleep? You can put a pillow under your knees; it will reduce the stress on your back and hips and allow you to relax more. Plus, your spine will be more aligned during sleep, and you won’t wake up with back pain. Now enjoy your sleep to the fullest!
- 4. Squeeze your toes With socks on, keeping your feet warm, try to tense and then relax your toes repeatedly. You can do this to a count of 10 or do it 10 times and let yourself sleep. It is called progressive muscle relaxation and will release the tension from your body and help fight insomnia in the long run.
- 5. Do not think about sleep One of the interesting and unusual ways to fall asleep is this: not thinking about sleep at all, because the more you think about it, the farther it will run away from you! Our brains work in mysterious ways so instead, trick your brain into thinking that you want to stay awake, and it will do exactly the opposite. Try this, and you might get surprised at how much sleep you will get!
- 6. Review your day in reverse Like trying to stay awake when you want to sleep, this is another brilliant reverse technology trick. Think about the smallest things that happened in your day, from what you had for lunch to the small talk you had with your coworker or anything. By doing that, you will relax your mind and clear it so that you can sleep better. You might as well dream about your daily routine while you’re at it!
- 7. Hum yourself to sleep Ok, now this is weird but bear with me! If you want to get your good night’s sleep, try humming to yourself. This is such a fun and relaxing way to fall asleep and remove any negative thoughts from your mind. Close your eyes and start humming a melody as you would hum to a baby, and you will fall asleep like a baby! That was your list of how to fall asleep fast using unusual techniques! Enjoy our beauty sleep and relax better than ever.