Waist trainers or corsets as they used to be called in the past have become really popular and trendy nowadays. They are worn around the midsection to create the illusion of an hourglass figure, shape your waist into a sculpted silhouette, and even help you with weight loss. But do they really work? Are they safe to use? Guess what!! Waist trainers can be effective and help you get that tiny waist of your dreams for a short period of time, but they can also affect your health in the process. So before taking the step to wear them on a regular basis, continue reading to find out what happens to your body when you wear them! Jump in!
- 1. Waist Trainers Won’t Give You An Hourglass Figure Having a small, sexy, sculpted waist and figure has become women’s biggest obsession nowadays. Everyone wants a tiny waist, but no one is willing to make an effort to make it happen. And apart from all this, most women believe that wearing waist trainers on a daily basis can help them achieve fast results in a short time, which explains why most women opt for waist trainers rather than a slim waist workout at the gym. However, most of us still don’t know that those waist trainers cannot give us an hourglass figure. They indeed make you look sexy when you wear them and make your waist look as perfect as the ones you see in Instagram posts, but the effect is just temporary! You will see some results when wearing it, but once you take it off, your waist changes to its natural shape! So do you still think that waist trainers are worth it?
- 2. Waist Trainers Won’t Help You Lose Weight Want to lose weight? Then you’d better get up off your lazy a**s and work out! Hear me out: Waist trainers will not help you lose weight. Losing weight requires you to follow a healthy, balanced diet and exercise regularly. Other than this, you are just wasting your time and energy! You might indeed notice that you’ve lost a bit of weight after wearing a waist trainer for a certain period of time, but that weight is most likely to be water that you have lost through sweating and not body fat. And even in case you’ve lost some fat due to squeezing your stomach with the waist trainer, the results are not really wow or satisfying! Besides, squeezing your stomach with a waist trainer to feel full and eat less is definitely not a healthy way to lose weight!
- 3. Waist Trainers Will Make You Feel Uncomfortable Wearing waist trainers come with a price! It’s true that they will make you look sexy with an hourglass body figure when you wear them, but they are definitely not comfortable to wear! In this case, even if waist trainers are effective and can help you lose some weight, they are probably not worth it! A 2010 study on weight loss also wanted to see whether wearing corsets and waist trainers can help with weight loss or at least with maintaining a healthy weight in the long term. Still, participants weren’t able to carry out this part of the study due to the huge discomfort!
- 4. Waist Trainers Can Cause Back Problems While some men and women opt for waist trainers to lose body fat, others wear them to correct their bad posture and maintain a healthy one. Are you one of them? If you answer with a ”Yes”, then you should stop as soon as possible. Wearing waist trainers every day is found to wreak havoc on your core muscles and even weaken them, leading to bad pain and even poor posture. Are you worried about your bad posture? There are many other safe ways to correct it and straighten it up, and this includes exercising regularly, toning your back muscles, and wearing quality posture correctors.
- 5. Waist Trainers Can Make It Harder To Breathe Did you know that wearing waist trainers can reduce your lung capacity by 30% to 60%? Scary, huh!! This means you can easily find yourself breathless and might even pass out! And that’s not everything. Wearing waist trainers on a daily basis can even affect your lungs’ health and lead to many other serious issues, like buildup of fluid and lung inflammation.
- 6. Waist Trainers Can Damage Your Organs And Ribs Blindly following the trend of wearing waist trainers can make you pay the price. It will affect your general health and that of your organs, leading to organs malfunction and poor blood circulation problems. How, you ask? The waist trainer squeezes and compresses your stomach, which eventually puts pressure on your inner organs and even changes their position. And that’s not everything!! Wearing corsets, and waist trainers often can even cause deformation of your ribcage!
Have you ever worn a corset or a waist trainer before? If yes, have you noticed any results? Please share with us your experience in the comments!