The hairstyle is one of the most important parts of our looks. And unfortunately, hair problems are quite common. That’s why some people do everything they can to keep their hair in perfect condition, even if it means having a very strict and time-consuming hair care routine and spending a small fortune every other month on beauty products. But the truth is, the vast majority of us only start to seriously worry about our hair when it becomes too fragile, or the hair loss is noticeable. Don’t worry, that doesn’t mean that there is no way back and you are doomed to bald spots. Here are some techniques you can use to make your hair regrow:
6. Foods for hair growth
There’s no magic diet to make your hair grow back strong and healthy. However, there are specific foods that may help you get there. Vitamins A, B, D, and E can all contribute to keeping your hair healthy, so any type of food that is rich in one or more of those vitamins can be extremely helpful. Furthermore, iron, zinc, biotin, and selenium are also known to promote hair growth and the retention of healthy hair. Fatty fish is another powerful food that can be a natural remedy for hair growth. They contain all kinds of compounds that can remarkably improve hair density and diameter, as well as reduce hair loss.
5. Green tea
Green tea is a widely loved beverage, thanks to its great taste and numerous health benefits. But do you have an idea about all the amazing things green tea can do to your hair? That’s right, green tea may have the power to simultaneously prevent hair loss and support hair growth in a couple of different ways. Compounds found in green tea can prolong the hair growth phase and slow the hair loss phase, stimulate the hair follicles, prevent damage to hair cells, and increase the supply of nutrients that promote hair growth. To take advantage of these benefits, you can use a shampoo or conditioner that contains a green tea extract, rinse your hair with green tea after showering, or, you know, actually drink the tea itself.
4. Scalp massage
Giving yourself a scalp massage might be the best way to regrow your hair naturally. If you do it with certain oils, you can remove tension in the scalp area while promoting hair growth at the same time. Here are some great oil scalp treatments you can try:
- Rosemary oil: this is probably the most popular oil for hair loss prevention. just add three to five drops of rosemary oil to your shampoo and give your scalp a nice massage every time you apply it.
- Aloe vera: you can use an aloe vera gel as an alternative to hair conditioner. It is extremely effective at removing excess oil from the hair that might be blocking healthy hair follicles and preventing them from growing.
- Coconut oil: considering the popularity this product has been gaining in the last years, you probably have it at home. If you don you might as well use it as a natural hair treatment. Massage the oil into your scalp either before or after showering, depending on whether you have oily or dry hair.
- Lemon juice: giving yourself a scalp massage with lemon juice about 20 minutes before showering can be a great way to improve hair strength and promote growth. And you even get to drink the excess juice!
- Onion juice and ginger mask: did you know that you can use either onions or ginger for hair growth? It may not smell amazing, but these two ingredients contain compounds that can truly improve your hair’s condition.
3. Use shampoos that promote hair growth
There are probably hundreds of different products that fit in this category. So, here’s some help. These are some of the best shampoos for hair growth:
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Shampoo
- Ultrax Labs Hair Surge
- Revita Hair Stimulating Shampoo
- Perfect Smooth Shampoo
- Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair!
- Moisture Miracle Honey & Coconut Oil Shampoo Please remember that some of these products might just not work for your specific case.
However, it is important to stick with the same one for at least a couple of months before dismissing it. With these types of treatments, results might take a while until they become noticeable.
2. Learn how to brush your hair properly
Hair combing can be incredibly aggressive and can cause severe damage to your hair. Especially if you use the wrong type of hairbrush and if you do it while the hair is soaking wet. Since there’s no magic formula that works for everyone, you should ask your hairdresser about the type of hairbrush that better suits your hair and the best technique to do it. Also, getting to know your hair better will make it easier for your hairdresser to give you the most accurate tips. Brushing your hair the right way may seem like a small change in your hair care routine, but it might be just what you need to make your hair grow stronger again.
1. Reduce stress and anxiety levels
Stress and anxiety can lead to hair problems like telogen effluvium or alopecia areata, both of which have hair loss as one of their main symptoms. Taking good care of our mental health is just as important as taking good care of our physical well-being, so we should start behaving that way. Of course, it’s not always easy. Still, we need to make an effort to learn how to deal with stress in the best possible ways and find effective techniques to manage it, like meditation, physical exercise, or yoga. If you can’t do it by yourself, it’s best to seek professional help.